Friday, June 1, 2012

Final thoughts on the 2011-2012 school year

As the school year ended, Dion, Artis, Laron, Derrick, and Alzario held two farmers' markets and reflected on their experiences as the Agriculture Task Force.

"Task force has been great this year, raising chickens and planting.  It has changed the way I buy crops.  This year I got to know Mr. Dwyer and the rest of the task force very well.  We went on trips to Gourmet Gorilla to make and produce our one and only all-time strawberry jam.  It was a very pleasant experience.  In our garden we have organic crops.  We sold these crops during our farmers' markets and made a profit but still had to buy things like chicken feed.  I would advise all rising 6th graders to choose to be a part of the Agriculture Task Force."
--Dion


"What Agriculture Task Force means to me is everything.  I had a lot of fun in the Task Force.  It was the best thing I did in my life.  I loved taking care of the chickens and garden.  I hope I can do it again when I'm in the seventh grade.  Wish us luck as we move on up to the seventh grade.  Thanks for the support."
--Alzario


This summer, the rising sixth grade will take care of the chickens and garden as a part of their summer program.  Follow CJA Agriculture for their blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment