Thursday, November 1, 2012

Expanding the chicken run

"We made a big change to the chicken run.  We added more space to the run so the chickens can run around.  The afternoon before we worked on it, Mr. Dwyer put chicken wire around the inside of the school's main fence.  I took pictures of what we were doing."
--Alzario

The original chicken run

The new space

Dakota gets excited

The ATF cooperates to cut chicken wire to the right size

"I cut the wire so that Mr. Dwyer can connect the door that allows the chickens to get from the old run into the bigger run."
--Jamari

Dion contemplates how useful wire can be

"I put the chicken wire together"
--Cecil

"The chickens were very scared at first but after a while they kind of liked it.  I love it because it allows the chickens to be free at last!"
--Jamari

"We did this to make the chickens happier.  They have more room .  Also they do not have to step in their own poop.  This will avoid them getting sick.  This will avoid the coop from smelling bad."
--Dakota

"Some of them were a little happy they had more space.  I think they are going to like it a lot.  And I know they will love it."
--Alzario


No comments:

Post a Comment