Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Believe it or not, growing season is coming soon!

"In ATF we searched on the internet for seeds to plant in our garden.  I looked at a carrot seed.  They have lots of different types.  I picked Bolero pelleted carrots.  Another seed I saw was disk arugula and it was shaped like a disk, which was very weird.  The third seed I looked at was a cherritoe radish, which looked like cherries.  We will start planting seeds in March, but we are shopping for seeds now because they are on sale."
--Jamari, grade 6

"I looked up raspberries.  I think that raspberries are expensive and tasty.  I also looked up mini onions.  I think they are small and sweet-looking.  The last seed I looked up was wheat.  I think wheat is the best.  I love bread!  We're shopping for seeds now so they don't run out.  It's kind of like Black Friday."
--Cecil, grade 6


No comments:

Post a Comment