Thursday, May 9, 2013

Readying the garden to plant

"We replanted the gardens and mixed compost, sand and peat moss to make soil.  We did that so we can get the garden beds ready for this spring and summer."
--Jaquel, grade 6
"I drove the wheel barrow to and from the compost bin.  Also I helped strain all the wood chips from the finished compost.  I helped prepare the soil for the garden bed by putting sand in the wheel barrow and mixing peat moss in it."
--Alzario, grade 7

The crew transports sifted compost to be mixed.

Jaquel pulled weeds before we cultivated the beds.

"My job during all of this was to stir and shovel the new soil so that it was ready for the garden."
--Cecil, grade 6

"I think we did awesome and we worked really hard to get things right and to get in on a great head start."
--Jaquel, grade 6

We also planted herbs and ornamental plants in pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment