Monday, September 10, 2012

New Task Force Members for 2012-2013

Dakota, Alzario, Casimir, Cecil, and Jamari all joined the Agriculture Task Force for the 2012-2013 school year.
Some of the task force members have fun at the farmers' market.

Here's what they have to say about our food system and being a part of CJA's agriculture program:
"Some problems with our food system is the processed food.  E-coli is spreading from the cows being cluttered together.  We are feeding the animals the wrong foods.  This is making the food bad for us instead of good.  It needs to change."
--Dakota

"The food system we have at CJA is small.  I think we only have healthy things.  CJA grows healthy and unprocessed foods.  CJA's food system makes people stronger, not sicker.  CJA's food system is small, but it makes a big difference."
--Cecil

"I will do my best to do all my work and help out with the food.  I will do all I can to take care of the chickens, compost, and the recyclables.  I will always take care of the food here."
--Casimir

"I love agriculture.  I am very happy to be a part of it.  Agriculture calms me down through the day because I love doing it.
--Jamari


Jamari, Dakota, and Alzario in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment